The International House Tampere is a Single Service Point for supporting Internationals with living, working, studying and connecting with Local Employers.
We support companies in finding suitable talents and making international recruitments. We are your partner in recruiting, competence development, growth and networks.
With our help you can reach regional, national and international recruitment and development networks and find new channels for attracting skilled workers. Our experts support recruitment from start to finish.
Our services to employers:
- Finding an expert
- Active recruiting channels for recruiting from Europe
- Financial support
- Help with bureaucracy
- Guidance related to work permit issues
- Advice on integration
- (Vocational) training of employees directly for the needs of the employer
- Finnish language training for international employees
- Cultural training for the work community
- Skills development of company personnel
- Information concerning recruitment campaigns outside Europe
With our help, the employer can also develop their own capabilities for international recruitment and leading a diverse work community. In addition, we organize recruitment events to match local employers and international job seekers.
Information and advice on moving to and settling in Tampere, looking for a job, studying and entrepreneurship.
International Talent Advisor Service is a point of contact for expert consulting in business and networking job opportunities across the Tampere region. Talent Advisor will support you to identify opportunities that will accelerate your employment, business and networking plans. Consultation is for international talents and students already in the Tampere region, or those wanting to make a move to Tampere. Service is offered F2F or online in English via booking, for free.
How we can help to accelerate your job search plans:
- Job Searching: providing connections to sources of jobs relevant to your skills and interests
- Advice on transferring your skills and qualifications: understanding how to match your skills and qualifications with national requirements in Finland
- Company Searches and Information: helping to expand your contact network in your chosen field and interests (follow a company’s activities and internship opportunities)
- Events: updates on recruitment events and exhibitions
- Startup Community: connections to local organisations and events
- Relocation: information on support services for immigration and residency
- Funding: job funding sources for persons already resident in Finland
Multilingual Info Mainio gives quidance in 16 different languages. Services are available for all migrants who wish to seek information and advice in their own language in different topics of everyday life. You can ask anything about living, working and studying in Tampere. Mainio's advisors can help in explaining Finnish documents or official correspondence, filling in different forms and applications, or making appointments by phone (e.g. for a doctor).
Kela Customer Service
Have you recently moved to Finland? At International House, we offer Kela's services in Finnish social security matters. Kela Customer Service is available on Thursdays at 10:00 - 12:00 and 13:00 - 16:00.
SIMHE counselling is for you if you already live in Finland and have completed an upper secondary education, studied in higher education or completed a higher education degree. SIMHE counselling offers you information on application for higher education and related study possibilities as well as helps you recognise your prior learning. You can discuss your situation and plans with a SIMHE counsellor.
- help you find a suitable higher education or employment options
- help you identify your existing competence
- help you identify your possibilities
- provide information on different higher education options
Get the service by sending an email to [email protected]
Career Counselling by Vocational College Tredu
Career Counselling provides advice and support when you are planning to start vocational training or your future career. Counselling is offered via booking and is for you if you are a foreign-speaking person and planning to study in vocational education or an international student studying at Tredu.
Get the service by sending an email to [email protected]
Startup Guidance for International Founders is a startup advisory service for international talents in the Tampere City Region and those intending to move to Tampere. With our help, you can connect with regional, national and international startup networks and find new opportunities for successfully setting up and developing your startup, as well as relocating to Tampere.
Our partners' and our own services include:
- Finding information on Finnish Startup Permit and its application processes
- Finding information on business registration processes
- Finding information on workspaces, accelerators/incubators, programs and events
- Advice on available startup grants and funding
- Untangling bureaucracy
- Advice on social and business integration
- Developing the competence of the company's personnel
- Access to networks and communities
- Networking and Recruitment events
- Networking opportunities
Our business coordinators serve employers in all business sectors. We also provide the Tampere Startup Kit, a free guide that brings together information on permits, relocation, establishing, and developing your startup in the Pirkanmaa Region.
The City of Tampere, Tampere Vocational College Tredu, Tampere University community, Kela and Local Employment and Economic Development Offices (TE Offices) are the organisations of International House Tampere.
International House Tampere is a part of the national Talent Boost -programme, which aims at making Finland an attractive country for international talents, facilitating employers in international recruitments and promoting the growth and internationalisation of the Finnish organisations through the diversity of their talents.
Photo: Laura Vanzo, Visit Tampere