Activities complementary to pre-primary education
The pre-primary school hours comprise four hours of each day, usually from 9 am to 1 pm. Moreover, a child may be enrolled in additional morning and afternoon activities for a fee.
Applying for supplementary activities:
- Children born in 2016 should apply for complementary activities through the Wilma online service
- Children born in 2017 should apply for complementary activities through the eVaka online service
Additional activities will be offered for all pupils in their respective pre-primary education place.
Early childhood education and care complementary to pre-primary education in daycare centres
Complementary care provided in daycare centres is equivalent to part-time early childhood education and care and provided under the auspices of the early childhood education and care services with age-appropriate content. The care is provided between 6 am to 8 am and 3 pm to 6 pm on an as-necessary basis. Evening and round-the-clock care are also provided to pre-primary education pupils if needed. Early childhood education and care includes any necessary transportation of the children between the pre-primary education venue and the daycare centre.
The service options for part-time early childhood education are:
- Pre-primary education 4 hours/day + daycare for up to 5 hours/day
- Pre-primary education 4 hours/day + daycare for more than 5 hours/day
Fees are determined according to family size and income.
Club activities complementing pre-primary education
Activities complementing pre-primary education at schools are called club activities (pre-primary education clubs). The club hours are between 7 am and 7 pm.
Pre-primary education clubs provide children with a choice of inspiring, adult-directed activities at their school. The daily programme includes play, crafts, outdoor activities, rest, and exercise, among other activities, in varying amounts. Pre-primary education clubs collaborate with the school’s morning and afternoon activities in organizing workshops, projects, or other events.
The service options for the club activities are:
- Pre-primary education 4 hours/day + complementary club activities 1–3 hours/day
- Pre-primary education 4 hours/day + complementary club activities 3–5 hours/day
- Pre-primary education 4 hours/day + complementary club activities more than 5 hours/day
If a club activity is not desired every day, a 10 days/month contract may be chosen instead:
- Pre-primary education 4 hours/day + complementary club activities by contract 10 days/month
Participation in club activities carries a fixed monthly fee.
For more information about club activities for your pre-primary education pupil or complementary activities in early childhood education and care, contact the unit’s daycare centre manager.
Bilingual pre-primary education
Bilingual pre-primary education in Tampere is provided by the basic education services.