People who take little exercise often have health problems that affect not only their ability to work and functional capacity but also their quality of life. Depending on the customer's individual needs, motivation and initial situation, the objective of sports counselling is to find ways to promote the customer's well-being.
The sports counsellor can provide guidance and tips for starting physical activity and tell the customer about sports facilities and instructor-led groups. Sports counselling is free of charge.
For families with young children
Families with young children often need help with finding suitable sports activities or encouraging the family to be more active. The counselling helps families to find suitable options for physical activity, provides them with information on well-being, and offers concrete tips for starting to exercise.
- To determine your family's well-being goals, fill in the Neuvokas perhe digital card (in Finnish)
- Sporttikortti is a hobby search service for clubs, which gathers opportunities for exercising for children and families with children in Kanta-Häme and Pirkanmaa. Check out the hobby search: Sporttikortti - HLU sports card hobby search (in Finnish)
For young people
Many opportunities for physical and recreational activities are available for young people. The sports counsellor can tell them about everything Tampere has to offer for young people.
Looking for a pastime? What can you do in Tampere? Do you have an idea about a recreational activity but you do not know how and where you could do it? Our Harrastava Tampere (Tampere of pastimes) service can help you with these questions. The service is intended for children, young people and families.
In addition, a wide range of free recreational and sports activities is available for young people.
Tuomo SipinenMore information about youth training Sports Instructor
For working-age people and older persons
The schedules and pressures of work and daily life may sometimes mean that you take less exercise, or none at all, for one reason or another. Even if you once had an active lifestyle, it can become just a beautiful memory, and your intentions of being physically active do not go beyond frail hopes.
Sports counsellors can also help you find solutions for making physical activity part of your daily life and ways in which you could accumulate enough physical activity every day to maintain your health. Sometimes illnesses may also limit your ability for physical activity, but professional sports counsellors can also help solve these problems.
Sports counsellors guide you in taking the first steps in the right direction towards a more active lifestyle. The counsellor can give you support and tips for exercise that is suitable for you in terms of your health, and inform you about different possibilities for taking exercise.
By calling 044 423 5247 on Mondays from 13 pm. to 14 pm., Tuesdays from 13 pm. to 15 pm. or Fridays from 12 pm. to 13 pm. you can get information about the city's sports services and sports advice.
You can also ask about sports counseling by email:
Sports counselling at health centres
You can make an appoint for sports counselling at a health centre. You can book a 45-minute counselling session directly with the health centre in question through the health centre's appointment system. You do not need a referral. The counselling is free of charge.
- Hatanpään terveysasema, sports instructor is available on Wednesdays 8.30–11.00, p. 03 5657 3245
- Hervannan terveysasema, sports instructor is available on Thursdays 9.00–11.15, p.03 5657 2328
- Kaukajärven terveysasema, sports instructor is available on Tuesdays 9.00–11.15, p. 03 5657 0325
- Lielahden terveysasema, sports instructor is available on Wednesdays 13–14.45, p. 03 5657 4847
- Linnainmaan terveysasema, sports instructor is available on Tuesdays 8.30–10.15, p. 03 5657 9023
- Tammelakeskuksen terveysasema, sports instructor is available on Tuesdays 13.30–15.45, p. 03 5657 8850
- Tipotien terveysasema, sports instructor is available on Wednesdays 13.00–15.30, p. 03 5657 3939
Sports counselling at Tampere Swimming Centre
You can get personal sports counselling at Tampere Swimming Centre. The counselling is available on Fridays from 12.30 pm. to 13.30 pm.
Phone 040 800 4999 and e-mail [email protected]