Tampere Stadium has a football field of 68 m x 105 m as well as high-class athletics facilities and equipment. The stadium seats approximately 16,800 spectators, 4,000 of which can be seated to the grandstand. If, for example, a stage is built in the area, the allowed capacity may be considerably smaller as the stage reduces the stadium’s capacity. The stadium’s lighting also meets international standards.
Inside the stadium, there are halls for aesthetic group gymnastics and indoor sports, a ballet hall, wrestling halls, a gymnastics hall, a gym, changing rooms, cafeterias and meeting rooms and an event office for ten persons.
The Tampere Stadium was completed for the Finnish Athletics Championships (Kalevan kisat) in 1966 and was thoroughly renovated in 1995–2004 as well as 2014–2015, when the stadium got heated grass complying with the international football standards.
The athletics facilities are open for all, except during special events.
In addition to sports events, other big events, such as concerts, are organised at the stadium. During events, it is best to travel to the stadium by public transport and on foot. This way moving in the vicinity of the stadium is considerably quicker. There are no parking spaces for the audience. We recommend using, for example, the car parks in the city centre area.
- Size: 16,500 m2
- Football field: 68 metres x 105 metres
- 8-lane, 400-metre track. Mondo surface.
- Pole vault and high jump sites are situated at the ends of the grass area.
- Sites for throwing sports are situated at the western end of the stadium.
- Long jump and triple jump sites are situated in the area between the front straight and grass field.
- At the upper level of the western end there are practice and competition sites for long jump, shot put and short running distances.
- 4 lighting towers.
- Spectator capacity: 16,800 persons.
- Video screen 92 m2
The stand is divided into four sections:
Grandstand A (A1–A4), rows 3–19, seats 3,533 spectators.
Sun stand B (B1–B9), rows 1–24, seats 4,443 spectators.
End stand C (C1–C5), rows 1–24), seats 4,192 spectators.
End stand D (D1–D5), rows 1–24, seats 4,227 spectators.
In addition, there are 200 seats with tables for the press and 34 VIP seats.