According to current plans, the new Viinikanlahti residential district will be connected to Tampere city center by a new tram line and a pedestrian bridge across Lake Pyhäjärvi.
An international ideas competition for the urban renewal of Viinikanlahti area was carried out in 2019–2020, with the winning entry serving as a basis for further planning.
Coming up in Viinikanlahti
- 3,300 new homes in a stunning lakeside location
- School, kindergarten, grocery store and other services nearby
- Waterfront parks, attractive plazas and verdant courtyards
- Facilities for sports, recreation and tourism
- Marinas and watersport facilities
- Excellent walking and cycling routes to the city center and elsewhere in the city
- New waterfront promenades
- Planned new tramway from Ratina to Pirkkala
- Two parking structures
Viinikanlahti expected to be completed