- Size: 16 500 m2
- Football field: 68 x 105 m
- 400-metre running track with eight lanes. Mondo surface.
- Pole vault and high jump venues are found at either end of the turf area.
- Venues for throwing sports are located at the western end.
- Venues for long jump and triple jump can be found between the home straight and the turf area.
- Training and competition venues for long jump, shot put and sprint distances are at the upper level of the west end.
- Four floodlight towers.
- Seat capacity for 16 800 persons.
- Video screen 92 m2
- The stand is divided into four blocks. Main stand. Sun stand. End stand.
- The stand also has 200 press seats with tables and 34 VIP seats.
Tampere Stadium in Ratina has a soccer field of 66 x 105 metres and high-quality facilities for athletics. The stands take 16,800 spectators, with 4,000 seats in the main stand. If a stage or similar is built in this area, however, the number of spectators allowed in may be considerably smaller as the seat capacity is decreased. The Stadium also has pitch lighting that meets international requirements.
Tampere Stadium was completed in 1966 for the Finnish Championships in athletics (Kalevan kisat). It was renovated in 1995–2004 and in 2014–2015, at which time artificial turf with under-soil heating was laid, which meets international standards for soccer.
When no events are taking place at the Stadium, the athletics facilities are freely available for use.
In addition to sports events, other major events are organised at the Stadium, including concerts. If you are attending an event, the best way to reach the Stadium is public transport and walking. This makes getting around near the Stadium considerably faster. There are no public parking spaces in the vicinity of the Stadium, and we recommend that you use the multi-storey car parks in the city centre area.
Tampere Stadium facilities
Applying for bookings
To apply for bookings for Tampere Stadium, complete an application form on the Booking applications page, which also provides instructions for applying and information about application periods for regular slots.
Page main image: Laura Vanzo / Visit Tampere