Tampere Festival of Light
This year, the Festival of Light will again take over Tampere’s streets, featuring new and familiar illuminations, including projected lighting patterns, light spheres, pendant lights, lit fabric installations, architectural illuminations and the Light Gallery exhibition.
The light figures of the Tampere Festival of Light will be lit at dusk, and turned off on weekdays at 11 pm and on weekends at 5 am.
Step into the light!
- The Light Gallery exhibition will stretch across the city centre’s western quarters
- The Hämeenkatu mainstreet will be illuminated with light figures and decorative lighting and with surprising light art
- Aleksis Kiven katu street will be lit with familiar lamp-posts illuminations
- Kauppakatu street gets light crowns
- Kuninkaankatu street will be lit with with familiar illuminations and in addition the street will be decorated with light spheres all the way to the Stable Yards. In addition the surroundings of the Museum Milavida will be decorated with light spheres.
- Hatanpään valtatie road and Tammelantori market place will be illuminated
- Tuomiokirkonkatu street will get traditional illuminations with lanterns
- Yliopistonkatu street will be decorated with light spheres
- Tullikamari square will be illuminated
- Konsulinsaari island will be illuminated with horse light figures
- The Hiedanranta workshop surroundings will be illuminated
- The surroundings of the Laikunlava stage will be illuminated
- The model of the Tampere Deck at the front of the Visit Center will be illuminated
- The Hämeenpuisto park will be illuminated together with the local entrepreneurs