Skip to main content

City of Tampere -

Social and income support


Information about the social services and benefits

Urgent help

Immigrant services

You can contact a social worker when you have problems arising from substance abuse, financial problems in the family or any other crisis. A social worker helps also when you need guidance and counselling about social security and services.

The services are aimed at supporting local residents as early as possible in various problematic life situations.

Social Assistance

The City of Tampere makes the decisions concerning supplementary and preventive social assistance. Before you may apply for these benefits, you should find out whether you are currently receiving basic social assistance from Kela.

See also