COVID-19 vaccinations for children aged between 5 and 11 years expanding in Tampere and Orivesi
COVID-19 vaccinations for all children between the ages of 5 and 11 will be available in Tampere as of 17 January and in Orivesi as of 24 January 2022. Tampere residents can already book vaccination appointments. In Orivesi, appointments will be available by 17 January 2022 at the latest.
All Tampere residents aged 5–11 can receive a COVID-19 vaccination as of 17 January 2022. Vaccinations are given by appointment.
Tampere residents are vaccinated at the Hatanpää coronavirus vaccination unit and at three schools. At first, appointments will only be available at the vaccination unit in Hatanpää. The regional vaccination points in Ahvenisjärvi, Takahuhti and Tesoma school will open on 24 January 2022: booking of appointments begins on Mon, 17 January at 4 p.m.
You can book an appointment at any vaccination site for 5 to 11-year-olds, regardless of your area of residence. Those belonging to medical risk groups, as well as children who are in close contact with people who are severely immunosuppressed, can also make an appointment at any vaccination site.
Vaccination sites for 5 to 11-year-olds in Tampere:
People living outside the municipality receive a coronavirus vaccination from their own municipality.
All Orivesi residents between the ages of 5 and 11 are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination starting from 24 January 2022. Appointment booking will be available by 17 January 2022 at the latest. Vaccinations are given by appointment.
Vaccinations are provided at the Orivesi Health Centre. The address is Sairaalantie 6.
5–11-year-old Orivesi residents in medical risk groups and those children in close contact with people who are severely immunosuppressed can still be booked into the vaccination unit in Hatanpää.
Pople living outside the municipality receive a coronavirus vaccination from their own municipality.
Common guidelines for appointments
You must make an appointment beforehand. The parent/guardian can book an appointment for their child online or over the phone.
You can book an appointment by calling the health care counselling service on 03 5657 0023 (daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm)
Online appointments are made on External link
(in Finnish) using Suomi.fi authorisations. The guidelines for online services can be found on External link
(in Finnisth). The instructions also apply to children under school age. After logging in to the online services, select
- "Koronarokotukset 5–11 v. lapset/Hatanpää" if you want to book an appointment at the vaccination unit in Hatanpää and the child's municipality of residence is Tampere.
- "Koronarokotukset 5–11 v. lapset/Orivesi" if you want to book an appointment at the vaccination unit in Hatanpää and the child's municipality of residence is Orivesi.
- "Koronarokotukset 5–11 v. lapset/Hervanta" if you want to book an appointment at Ahvenisjärvi school
- "Koronarokotukset 5–11 v. lapset/Takahuhti" if you want to book an appointment at Takahuhti school
- "Koronarokotukset 5–11 v. lapset/Tesoma" if you want to book an appointment at Tesoma school
- "Koronarokotukset 5–11 v. lapset/Hervanta" if you want to book an appointment at Ahvenisjärvi school.
The coronavirus vaccine for children aged between 5 and 11 years is a BioNTech-Pfizer Comirnaty, of which a vaccine specifically intended for this age group is used.
If your child has had COVID-19, a vaccination should not be given earlier than 4 to 6 months after the disease. A positive result of a home test is also considered a disease.
Things to remember when arriving to be vaccinated:
- Only arrive for vaccination if you are healthy
- Arrive at the vaccination unit, at most, 15 minutes before your appointment
- Wear a face mask (people over the age of 12) and use hand sanitiser when you arrive at the vaccination location and also when leaving the premises
- Keep a safe distance of at least two metres from other people
- Bring your child’s Kela card or identification card to the appointment
- Make sure your child wears clothing with sleeves that are easy to roll up
You must stay on the premises for 15 minutes after receiving the vaccination
Children must primarily be accompanied by their parent or guardian. The child’s parents/guardians must make the decision to vaccinate their child together, and both must consent to the vaccination. The parent/guardian accompanying their child to the appointment must ensure that the other potential parent/guardian has also consented to the child’s vaccination. No written consent is required.
If the child arrives to the appointment alone, both parents/guardians are asked to sign External link (a handwritten note will also be accepted). The child must bring the form to the appointment.
Vaccinations are already being carried out in the vaccination unit in Hatanpää for 5–11-year-old Tampere and Orivesi residents who are in medical risk groups and who are in close contact with severely immunosuppressed people. A vaccination can be obtained by making an appointment in advance.