Skip to main content

Mental health

Valokuva: Vastaanotolla.

In issues relating to mental health please contact, in the first instance, the health centre physician of your own housing district. The doctor then refers you, if necessary, for further care.

In addition, matters relating to mental health and a possible need for further care can also be discussed with other employees of the Department of Social Services and Health Care, for example at a maternity clinic or child welfare clinic or with a school nurse .

In acute mental distress

In acute mental distress, please contact the Tays Acute psychiatric clinic. The Acute psychiatric clinic assesses and treats those patients who are facing a psychosis-level crisis, who are at serious risk of committing suicide or in some other particularly difficult mental crisis requiring urgent assessment.

You do not need a doctor’s referral for receiving help from the Acute psychiatric clinic, but it would be useful if a professional contacted the clinic by telephone: 040 806 2606.

See also