The International Tampere Skills Centre provides support and guidance for work and study for immigrants residing in Tampere. The working rationale of the Skills Centre is enhanced multi-professional co-operation, whereby experts work across sectoral lines on one platform. Skills Centre's activities aim to speed up immigrants' educational and employment paths and facilitate their access into the labor market in the Pirkanmaa region. The Skills Centre also provides counselling and advice to local employers, who are recruiting or looking for international talents.
From Monday 17th August onwards International Tampere Skills Centre’s customer service will operate according to a multi-service, or hybrid, model. In this multi-service model customers are being served both by phone and email, as well as face-to-face at the Skills Centre’s premises. The International Tampere Skills Centre is located at Rautatienkatu 10, Tampere.
If you want to see a Professional Coach or Business Coordinator in person, you should book an appointment beforehand. You can do this by contacting the employee in question or calling the Skills Centre’s Lobby, tel. 041 730 1470. Alternatively, you can send an email to the Skills Centre’s mail address [email protected]
Please note that the Skills Centre’s walk-in-service is temporarily closed and only those customers, who have a booked appointment, will be allowed to enter the premises. This rule applies also to accompanying family members.
The Skills Centre is a public place and hence the risk of infecting a Covid-19 virus while visiting the centre is possible. The spread of the epidemic and new infections can be prevented by keeping safety distance between people and by intensifying the cleaning measures at the premises. Safety stickers on the floor remind customers of the safety distance, whereas plexiglass between a customer and an employee prevent possible droplet infection.
When coming to the Skills Centre for a booked appointment, please follow these safety steps:
- Do not come to the Skills Centre if you feel sick. In case you have any symptoms, please contact either your Professional Coach/Business Coordinator, or the Skills Centre’s Lobby to reschedule your appointment.
- In case you or any of your family members have been exposed to a possible Covid-19 infection or belong to a high risk group, do not come to the Skills Centre. You can book a telephone or online appointment instead.
- Arrive at the Skills Centre right before your scheduled appointment in order to minimize the waiting time.
- When entering the Skills Centre, immediately wash your hands and use a hand sanitizer. Sanitizer is available free of charge at the lobby.
- 1,5 meter distance between people should be kept at all times when at the premises.
- Maximum 2 people are allowed in a meeting room at a time.
- You can use a face mask and/or protective gloves, but they are not mandatory.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue every time you cough or sneeze. Put a used tissue to a rubbish bin. If you do not have a tissue, cough to the back of your arm, never to your hands.
- If you have travelled abroad within the last 14 days, please contact the Skills Centre either by phone or by email to reschedule your appointment or make other arrangements.
The International Tampere Skills Centre offers:
- personal guidance on working life
- support for the early stages of employment
- assistance and tips for professional networking
- enhanced Finnish language training
- prepping and coaching
- recognition and acknowledgment of professional skills
- general guidance and support
Info videos about the services of the International Tampere Skills Centre.
- Skills Centre in brief
- Digital Services
- Rehabilitative Work Activities
- Migrant Info Centre Mainio
- Co-operation with Businesses
- Skills Assessment Services
The International Skills Centre's services are aimed at job seekers in Tampere who/se:
- have an immigrant background
- native language is not Finnish
- have a residence permit or are Finnish nationals
- are without work or a place to study
- are in need of support to find a job or a place to study
- are in need of support in order to integrate into the Finnish society.
You can become a customer of the International Tampere Skills Centre by sending an e-mail to osaamiskeskus (at) tampere.fi or calling Employment Services on +358 40 801 6581 (Mon-Fri 9: 00-15: 45).
On duty Tue-Fri 10 am - 11 am, also on weekdays whenever possible between 9am and 3.45pm.
The Centre functions as a multidisciplinary employment co-operative of the City of Tampere, Tampere Vocational College Tredu and the Pirkanmaa Employment Office. Other partners are Migration Info Centre Mainio, Tampere Social Services, The Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela) and other service providers in the Pirkanmaa region.