The International Tampere Skills Centre provides support and guidance for work and study for immigrants residing in Tampere. The working rationale of the Skills Centre is enhanced multi-professional co-operation, whereby experts work across sectoral lines on one platform. Skills Centre's activities aim to speed up immigrants' educational and employment paths and facilitate their access into the labor market in the Pirkanmaa region. The Skills Centre also provides counselling and advice to local employers, who are recruiting or looking for international talents.
Due to Coronavirus epidemic the International Skills Centre currently operates remotely!
If you have a scheduled appointment or need general advice, please contact your professional coach (OMA-valmentaja) either by phone or email. Alternatively, you can contact the International Skills Centre's Lobby by tel. 041 730 1407 or by email [email protected]
Skills assessments are conducted either over the phone or on internet. For this you will need either a smart phone, computer or tablet. You can enroll for the assessment through your professional coach. Student counsellor Outi Lahtinen will subsequently be in contact with you and guide you through the assessment process. Her tel. is 044 4811 237.
The International Tampere Skills Centre offers:
- personal guidance on working life
- support for the early stages of employment
- assistance and tips for professional networking
- enhanced Finnish language training
- prepping and coaching
- recognition and acknowledgment of professional skills
- general guidance and support
Info videos about the services of the International Tampere Skills Centre.
- Skills Centre in brief
- Digital Services
- Rehabilitative Work Activities
- Migrant Info Centre Mainio
- Co-operation with Businesses
- Skills Assessment Services
The International Skills Centre's services are aimed at job seekers in Tampere who/se:
- have an immigrant background
- native language is not Finnish
- have a residence permit or are Finnish nationals
- are without work or a place to study
- are in need of support to find a job or a place to study
- are in need of support in order to integrate into the Finnish society.
You can become a customer of the International Tampere Skills Centre by sending an e-mail to osaamiskeskus (at) tampere.fi or calling Employment Services on +358 40 801 6581 (Mon-Fri 9: 00-15: 45).
On duty Tue-Fri 10 am - 11 am, also on weekdays whenever possible between 9am and 3.45pm.
The Centre functions as a multidisciplinary employment co-operative of the City of Tampere, Tampere Vocational College Tredu and the Pirkanmaa Employment Office. Other partners are Migration Info Centre Mainio, Tampere Social Services, The Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela) and other service providers in the Pirkanmaa region.