Entrance fees to swimming pools
All swimming pools in Tampere have smart wristbands. When paying with a one-time payment, the wristband remains in the reader at the end of the boom when exiting. When purchasing a season or serial wristband, a non-refundable wristband fee will be charged. The serial bracelet can be loaded with different serial charges, e.g. swimming and gym, and can be additionally downloaded in the online store. The wristband comes with a 2-year technical warranty.
Seasonal wristbands will be introduced in swimming pools at the beginning of the year
The product range of Tampere's swimming pools has been updated for 2024. Personal seasonal wristbands with which you can swim seasonally in all swimming pools will be on sale. Season wristbands aim to provide equal opportunities for regular exercise. The sale of serial wristbands and special swimming cards for swimming pools will be discontinued on 31 December 2023. If you wish, you can still pay for swimming with a one-time payment and a Tampere travel card. Feedback on the price reform will be collected during May.
Free daytime swimming on weekdays for people aged 65 and over
The aim is to encourage people aged 65 and over to be active by offering them free entry to swimming pools on weekdays from 9 am to 3 pm (not on public holidays) from 1 January 2024. The prerequisite for free entry is proof of age at the ticket office, where you can get a wristband that entitles you to enter. Free day swimming only applies to independent swimming in swimming pools, for water gymnastics, you have to pay a separate instruction fee according to the price list. During the day, there is the possibility of one free entry.
The use of the student discount expands
From the beginning of the year, students will be offered the opportunity to swim inexpensively, when the use of the student discount will be expanded from the current weekday use to include weekend swims.
Seasonal wristband sales start on 27 December 2023
The sale of seasonal wristbands starts in the swimming halls on 27 December 2023. You can download the season wristband directly to your series wristband or buy a new one. It should be noted that the sale of series wristbands for swimming halls ends on 31 December 2023, and the products on the series wristband can be used up during their validity period. If a personal seasonal wristband is uploaded to the holder-specific serial wristband, the serial wristband also becomes personal. If you want to keep both the holder-specific serial wristband and buy a personal season wristband, you have to get a new wristband for the season wristband in this situation.
You can continue to use the special swimming card normally according to its validity period. New special swimming cards will no longer be sold from the beginning of 2024. Discounted morning/afternoon swims on weekdays will also be removed from the swimming pools' product selection.
Entrance fees to swimming pools until 31 December 2023
You can pay the entrance fee to a swimming pool with cash, the most common bank and credit cards, a Tampere Regional Transport travel card and approved specific methods of payment. Prices include VAT. 10%.
Entrance fees to swimming pools from 1 January 2024
Seasonal wristband (valid 1.1.–31.12.2024)
|Time of purchase
|27.12.2023 - 31.3.2024
|1.4. - 30.6.2024
|1.7. - 30.9.2024
|1.10. - 31.12.2024
|Payment for a wristband (non-refundable)
Payment with a Tampere Regional Transport travel card
When paying with a personal travel card, the age classification of Tampere Regional Transport is followed. If you change price groups, you must visit a Tampere Regional Transport customer service point to carry out the switch.
- Children aged under four are free with a person aged 18 or over.
- If requested, you must show that you belong to a certain payment group by proving your identity.
- In case of any problems (such as technical failure or disruption in banking connections), the Sports Services retains the right to only accept cash payments.
- Serial wristbands and cards are valid for two years from the date of purchase. Unused visits on serial wristbands and tickets cannot be refunded.
- The serial wristbands and cards are not personal, and they can also be used to pay for another visit in the same price group. An exception to this is using a specific payment method, in which case the serial card is personal and the customer's name is stored on it.
- If you are using a personal serial card or wristband, you should be prepared to prove your identity on each visit. You will be informed of this at the entrance gate by a red light and the message: "Todista henkilöllisyys” (Prove your identity). You can use your card again once you have proven your identity.
- Keep the receipt for your card and wristband. If you lose your card or wristband, the serial number on the receipt is the only document on the basis of which you can be refunded for the visits on the lost card.
- A fee of EUR 10 is charged for the serial wristband. This fee will not be refunded, and you cannot return the wristband. The wristband has a two-year guarantee against technical failure.
|Payment for a wristband (not refundable)
|Swimwear (Hervanta swimming pool)
|Towel (Hervanta swimming pool))
|Gym (Tampere Swimming centre)
|10-time series wristband 26,00 €