- If you feel unwell, please contact the health care counselling service by telephone. You will be able to talk to a nurse, who will provide you with useful information. The nurse will also assess whether you require further treatment and tell you where to go for your appointment.
- You are welcome to discuss all health issues with the nurse.
- The nurse will help you to manage your condition independently by giving you useful treatment advice. This might help you to avoid having to see a doctor.
- The nurse can also offer you help and advice if you become unwell suddenly.
- You can even ask for information on other social and health care services and how to contact them.
- Health care counselling serves in Finnish and English. For those who speak other languages, a rapid interpretation service is available.
The customers of the Kämmenniemi health centre can book appointments by calling the health care counselling service, tel. 03 5657 0023, open every day from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
The customers of the Hatanpää, Hervanta, Kaukajärvi, Lielahti, Linnainmaa, Tammelakeskus and Tipotie health centres as well as the Terveyskeskus Mehiläinen Tampere Hervanta, City Centre (keskusta) and Tesoma health centres should contact their own health centre.
If you live in Orivesi, you can book an appointment with a doctor by calling 03 5657 5770 (available on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m).
Please make sure that you use the correct dialling code when using a mobile phone or other network. If you are calling from outside Finland, please dial +358 3 5657 0023. If your mobile phone contract is set to block calls to premium rate numbers or you are using a Prepaid phone, please dial 03 5657 0023 (+358 3 5657 0023 if calling from abroad).
All calls, including queueing time, will be charged at your standard network rate. Mobile phone calls are charged according to your contract tariff.
If you hear the queueing tone (a long and low tone followed by a short and low tone followed by a long high tone), please do not hang up. Stay on the line and wait for your call to be answered. You will be told the estimated waiting time.
Between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m., you will hear a recorded message that will tell you what to do in the case of an emergency.
All calls will be recorded for quality and legal purposes.
If you are calling about a non-urgent matter, you can request a call back. Our call back service is available on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. You will be given instructions on how to make a call back request following the waiting time announcement.
If you are unable to attend a doctor’s appointment, you can cancel it by contacting the health care counselling service. All patients aged 15 and over will be charged a fee of EUR 51.40 for all missed appointments. You may charged if you fail to cancel at least one day before your appointment.
If you have a hearing or speech impairment, you can make an appointment to see a doctor or nurse at a City of Tampere health centre or Terveyskeskus Mehiläinen Tampere in Tesoma by sending a text message to the health care counselling team. The text messaging service is available on 040 639 7700. We accept text messages daily between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.
We will respond
to your text message as soon as possible. In your message, please
include your name, personal identity code and the reason for the
appointment, e.g. high temperature, abdominal pain or shortness of
messaging service for the outsourced health centre of Terveyskeskus Mehiläinen Tampere Hervanta is available on 040 670 1371 and of City Centre (keskusta) on 040 671 3031 on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Messages will be answered within two hours.
Please note that we cannot accept calls on these numbers.