Energy shortage precautions
The City of Tampere aims for a 5% reduction in energy consumption in the winter period 2022-2023. The new energy saving measures will complement the already ongoing energy efficiency measures.
The city has decided on the following energy saving measures for the winter period 2022-2023:
- The temperature of properties will be lowered by an average of 1.5 degrees.
- The duration of the Festival of Light will be shortened.
- The frost limit for the maintenance heating of outdoor sports fields will be lowered.
- Only some saunas at indoor swimming pools will be in use.
The largest consumption of energy is related to electricity, outdoor lighting and the heating of buildings. The city will take various measures to reduce energy consumption. These measures have been prepared by analysing the city's energy consumption to ensure that they are as effective as possible.
In addition to these measures, the City of Tampere will also participate in the "Down a degree" campaign and activate its personnel to participate in voluntary energy saving efforts. The city will also prepare for energy supply disturbances and interruptions in its operations.
Energy saving tips of the Down a degree campaign:
- Lower room temperature
- Lighter foot on the gas pedal
- Shorter shower
- Less home electronics
The short address for this page is tampere.fi/en/energy