Exercise brings joy to Tampere Day on 1 October
This year, Tampere Day will be celebrated with physical activity in different parts of the city. Sports Services offers residents free access to the city's swimming pools and gyms.
In honour of Tampere Day, Sports Services offers residents free access to all swimming pools on Sunday 1 October, in addition, Tampere Swimming Centre offers the possibility to use outdoor pools. On Sunday, there is also free admission to the city's gyms.
In Kaleva Sports Park, Youth Games Day is celebrated with music on 1 October from 2 pm to 5 pm. There will be basketball, floorball games and wool sock beach volleyball matches. The event is organized in cooperation with Yökoris Tampere. The event is subject to weather conditions.
On Sunday, Sports Services also offers municipal residents the opportunity to get to know guided exercise water gymnastics free of charge, and gym equipment guidance is also available. For water gymnastics, you can get a token from the cashier of the swimming pool, which allows you to join the group. Please note that the number of places available for aqua gymnastics is limited.
- Tampere Swimming Centre, gym equipment instruction from 12 noon to 2 pm, water gymnastics in the outdoor pools at 11 am and 3 pm
- Tesoma swimming pool, water gymnastics at 12 noon
- Hervanta swimming pool, deep water gymnastics at 11 am, gym equipment instruction from 3 pm to 4 pm
- Pyynikki swimming pool, deep water gymnastics at 4 pm
- Kaukajärvi Leisure Centre gym, gym equipment instruction from 11 am to 2 pm
- Tesoma ice rink gym, gym equipment instruction from 10 am to 11.30 am
The aim of the open-door sports event is to offer all residents the opportunity to experience the joy of exercise. At the same time, Sports Services responds to the physical activity challenge presented by President of the Republic, Sauli Niinistö, during his birthday week in August, with which he wants to encourage Finns to exercise. Let's make Tampere's birthday a joyful, sportive celebration together!