Appointments for 33–35-year-olds to become available in Tampere – Vaccinations at Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre begin on 14 June 2021
COVID-19 vaccinations are proceeding to the younger age groups. Next, those who turn 33–35 years old in 2021, i.e. those born in 1986–1988, will be able to make an appointment. Vaccination appointments are available at Ratina or the new vaccination centre at the Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre, which will open on 14 June 2021.
Appointment booking will become available gradually based on your year of birth:
- birth year 1986: booking begins on Monday, 7 June 2021 at 12 noon
- birth year 1987: booking begins on Wednesday, 9 June 2021 at 12 noon
- birth year 1988: booking begins on Thursday, 10 June 2021 at 12 noon
If you cannot use the online booking system, please call 03 5657 0023. Appointments made over the telephone will also begin on the day based on your birth year at 12 noon.
It is still also possible to make an appointment for anyone born in 1985 or before that as well as for those Tampere residents who are over 16 years old and belong to risk group 1 or 2. COVID 19 vaccinations are free of charge.
Please keep in mind that you need two vaccinations to be protected. The second vaccine (booster) will be given 12 weeks after the first one. You will get the appointment for your booster vaccine when you receive the first vaccine. If you are getting your booster vaccine in late summer, check the place beforehand on the city’s website at .
During the summertime, there will also be another mass vaccination site in addition to Ratina: Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre’s Hall A (Ilmailunkatu 20). Vaccinations at the Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre will begin on 14 June 2021 and continue until the end of August. Vaccines are given by appointment on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Like Ratina, vaccinations at Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre will also be given to those Tampere residents who are under the age of 65 and entitled to a vaccine. Vaccinations for over 65-year-old people will continue at health centres.
You must make an appointment beforehand. Those who are entitled to a vaccine can make appointments for Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre as of 7 June 2021 12 noon.
- Only arrive for vaccination by appointment and if you are healthy. Arrive at the vaccination unit, at most, 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Wear a face mask and use hand sanitiser when you arrive at the vaccination location and also when leaving the premises.
- Keep a safe distance of at least two metres from other people.
- Bring your Kela card or identity card with you and have it ready when waiting for your appointment.
- Wear an item of clothing with sleeves that are easy to roll up.
- After receiving the vaccination, stay at the premises for 15 minutes.
- The second dose will be administered 12 weeks after the first. An appointment for the second vaccination will be made for you when you receive your first dose.