COVID-19 vaccination begins for people aged 55–59-years-old in Tampere
COVID-19 vaccinations are progressing in Tampere. The next age group to be vaccinated is 55–59-year-olds, that is, people born between 1962 and 1966.
People who are 55–59 years old can book a vaccination appointment either by calling health care counselling service on 03 5657 0023 (daily from 7.00 am to 10.00 pm) or online:
- People who turn 55 this year or older (born in 1966 or earlier)
- People belonging to External link who are over 16 years old (who have already turned 16). Be prepared to prove that you belong to a risk group receiving the vaccine at the vaccination unit.
- Family carers who live in the same household with someone who is over 70 years of age (a decision on support for informal care is required)
Booking an appointment:
Only people belonging to a group vaccinated at the moment can book an appointment. A vaccination appointment must be booked in advance either by calling on 03 5657 0023 (daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm) or online (only in Finnish):
- Only arrive for vaccination by appointment and if you are healthy. Arrive at the vaccination unit, at most, 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Wear a face mask and use hand sanitiser when you arrive at the vaccination location and also when leaving the premises.
- Keep a safe distance of at least two metres from other people.
- Bring your Kela card with you and have it ready when waiting for your appointment.
- Wear an item of clothing with sleeves that are easy to roll up.
- After receiving the vaccination, stay at the premises for 15 minutes.