COVID-19 vaccination begins for people aged 75–79-years-old in Tampere
Coronavirus vaccinations for people who are 75–79-years-old are to begin in Tampere. Caregivers who live in the same household as a person over 75 years of age with a decision on support for informal care will also be given the vaccination, as well as people over 70 who live in the same household as a person over 75 years of age.
The vaccines are delivered in small batches, so the availability of vaccination times is limited at first, but new times will become available as more vaccines are received.
You can book a vaccination appointment either online (in Finnish) or by calling health care counselling service on 03 5657 0023 (daily from 7.00 am to 10.00 pm).
- Only arrive for vaccination by appointment and if you are healthy.
- Wear a face mask and use hand sanitiser when you arrive at the vaccination location and also when leaving the premises.
- Keep a safe distance of at least two metres from other people.
- Bring your Kela card with you and have it ready when waiting for your appointment.
- Wear an item of clothing with sleeves that are easy to roll up.
- After receiving the vaccination, stay at the premises for 15 minutes.
Photos Veli-Matti Lahdenniemi