Free of charge and open to all, the Home of Hockey zone offers a variety of activities every day throughout the Games. All the championship games played in Tampere will be screened at the area.
Hockey fans can test their skills in the area with activities such as puck shooting, ring toss and e-sports video games. The area also hosts daily hockey-themed quizzes and competitions.
On Friday 12 May and Saturday 13 May, the Home of Hockey zone will be transformed into a console hockey arena when Finland's best console hockey players come to Tampere to play for the eHockey Finnish 2023 championship.
The area is open every day, including on Ascension Day:
- Fri-Sun 12-14 May from 11 am to 11 pm
- Mon-Fri 15-19 May from 2 pm to 11 pm
- Sat 20 from 11 am to 11 pm
- Sun-Mon 21-22 May from 2 pm to 11 pm
- Tue 23 May from 11 am to 11 pm
- Wed 24 May from 10 am to 6 pm
- Thu 25 May from 2 pm to 11 pm
- Fri 26 May from 10 am to 6 pm
- Sat 27 May from 12 am to 9 pm
- Sun 28 May from 1 pm to 11 pm
Activities in the area will be open daily until 8 pm, except on the days when the area closes at 6 pm.
News item edited 19 May 2023: The Home of Hockey zone is open on Friday 19 May from 2 pm to 11 pm and on Saturday 20 May from 11 am to 11 pm.