Matching Global Talent and Local Business
International Tampere Hub is a collaborative project to leverage the potential of international experts.
The City of Tampere and the Tampere University Community combine forces in the International Tampere Hub joint project to create a coordinated Tampere region service model, which brings companies and international experts together more efficiently. International Tampere Hub brings together services aimed at companies and international experts on a one-stop-shop basis, develops international partnership networks and cooperation between the higher education institutes and the business networks.
The measures of the International Tampere Hub are directed at international experts already living in the Tampere region and in improving their employment and entrepreneurship paths. Another package of measures is aimed at attracting international students and employees and supporting companies in international recruitment.
- Establish the International Tampere Hub - a contact centre for companies and international experts.
- Intensify the cooperation between actors working in the area of international expertise.
- Increase working life connections for international students and develop language and career services for them.
- Strengthen the cityʼs ability to attract and retain experts as an international city for study, work and innovation.
- Develop entrepreneurial and startup services for international professionals.
- Utilise targeted marketing and digital methods in attracting international experts and guiding customers.
#TalentTampere #TalentBoost #InternationalTampere
Linkedin: Talent Tampere - International Tampere Hub
Nuppu Suvanto, Project Manager +358 41 730 0391, nuppu.suvanto at tampere.fi
Eero Miettinen, Business Coordinator, +358 44 481 1652, eero.miettinen at tampere.fi
Maija Niskavirta, Business Coordinator, +358 40 356 7983, maija.niskavirta at tampere.fi
Kagan Özkan, Business Coordinator+358 50 41 7300 461, kagan.ozkan at tampere.fi
Satu Drufva, Marketing Specialist, satu.drufva at tampere.fi
The funding of the project is a part of the Economy Boost AIKO-funding by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, managed by the Council of Tampere Region. The Talent Boost operational program channels the expertise of international experts to support the growth of companies and develops the Finnish labour market to become more open to international experts.
Photo: Mirella Mellonmaa, VisitTampere, Jonna Tyry-Varjoranta