Basic vaccinations and their boosters against tetanus, diphtheria and polio are given at the local , by occupational health services, and Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS). The basic vaccinations are free of charge.
The Influenza vaccinations (flu shots) are offered free of charge to people whose health would be in serious jeopardy by the influenza or who receive substantial health benefits from being vaccinated. The vaccination is offered to
- pregnant women
- all children aged 6 months - 6 years
- all aged 65 or above
- people who are at risk because of their illness or care
- family of persons susceptible to serious influenza
- men starting their military service and women starting their voluntary military service
- social and health care staff and people working in the provision of medicines.
Influenza vaccinations for adults are given at the health centres. The appointment can be reserved online or by calling your health centre or the health care counselling service on 03 5657 0023. Appointments at Terveyskeskus Mehiläinen Tampere Tesoma and Orivesi health centre can also be made by calling the health centre or using the online service. Customers of Terveyskeskus Mehiläinen Tampere Hervanta and keskusta (city centre) must make appointments by calling their health centre.
Persons coming to get a seasonal influenza vaccination should have their Kela card with them. In order to make your vaccination easier, you should wear a garment with sleeves that can be easily rolled up. After the vaccination, be prepared to stay at the premises and rest for approximately 15 minutes. If you experience any problems after the vaccination, we recommend that you call the health services information and advice line on 03 5657 0023, open daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Pregnant women and children under school age are vaccinated at their
own maternity and child health clinics in connection with a normal
visit. More information about vaccinations is available from your own child welfare clinic.
Schoolchildren and students who are entitled to a free vaccination are primarily vaccinated by the school or student health services. Further information about the vaccinations is available from your school and student health nurse.
Booking an appointment is necessary. You can arrange an appointment either by calling during the specified calling times or by visiting the office during the opening hours.
Booking an appointment and inquiries: Tel. 03 5657 0150, booking an appointment and inquiries, Monday - Thursday 8.30 - 11 and 12.30 - 14, Friday 9 - 11 and 12.30 - 14
Please get in touch with the clinic at least two months prior to travelling abroad.
- Planning of a personal vaccination schedule
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate (14,50 euros)
- Prescriptions for other vaccinations and malaria profylaxis
- Prescriptions for vaccinations for hepatitis A and B are also given at the local health centres
- Boosters for basic vaccinations
- Prevention and control of salmonella, shigella and other diarrhoea diseases
- Advice in cases of suspected food poisoning
- Prevention and control of tuberculosis