Tampere and Orivesi social welfare and healthcare services phone numbers beginning with 03 will change on 1 January 2023 – calls will be forwarded to the new numbers until the end of April
Tampere and Orivesi social welfare and healthcare services phone numbers beginning with 03 will change at the beginning of 2023 due to the transition to the wellbeing services county of Pirkanmaa. For example, the phone numbers of healthcare counselling, social services helpline, Kotitori, oral healthcare and some health centres will change.
The old numbers will work alongside the new numbers until 30 April 2023. Until the end of 2023, a recording will tell the person calling the old number about the change in the number.
All mobile phone numbers and the phone numbers of Tampere University Hospital remain unchanged. Most of the phone numbers of the City of Tampere’s social welfare and healthcare services are mobile phone numbers, so only a small proportion of the numbers will change.
Healthcare counselling will become Pirkanmaa health counselling at the beginning of 2023. Contact your health centre on weekdays during office hours. When your health centre is closed and you need guidance regarding healthcare services or an assessment of the need for treatment, call the new health counselling number at 03 384 5000. The number will open on 1 January 2023.
The medical helpline number and the emergency number do not change: If you are considering going to an emergency care unit, you can ask for instructions and advice 24 hours a day by calling 116117. In an urgent case, call 112.
Tampere Kotitori will become Pirkanmaa Kotitori at the beginning of 2023. At the same time, the contact details of Kotitori will change: Starting from 1 January 2023, the new phone number is 040 733 3949 (Mon–Fri 8:00–16:30), the email address is [email protected] and the website is www.pirkanmaankotitori.fi. Kotitori is a guidance and counselling point for older people, persons with disabilities and persons that need support with mental health and substance abuse issues and those close to them.
Tampere and Orivesi social welfare and healthcare services phone numbers beginning with 03 starting from 1 January 2023:
- Assistive equipment unit, phone 03 384 5285
- Contraception counselling clinic, phone 03 384 5392
- Special vaccinations and communicable disease control, phone 03 384 5150
- Centralised appointments and counselling in physiotherapy, phone 03 384 5288
- Medical supplies service, phone 03 384 5203
- Home services for families with children, phone 03 384 5725
- Youth health clinic, phone 03 384 5394
- Social services helpline, phone 03 384 5700
- Tampere Kotitori, new name: Pirkanmaa Kotitori, phone 040 733 3949
- Healthcare counselling, new name: Pirkanmaa health counselling, phone 03 384 5000
Oral health care
- Appointments and counselling in oral health care (Mon–Fri 8–17), phone 03 384 5300
- Urgent oral health care appointments (Mon–Fri 8–17), phone 03 384 5333, on weekday evenings 17–21, weekends and public holidays 8–21, phone 03 384 5000.
- Dental emergency services for persons outside of the municipality on weekday evenings, weekends and public holidays, phone 03 384 5335
- Hervanta Health Centre, phone 03 384 5128
- Kaukajärvi Health Centre, phone 03 384 5125
- Kämmenniemi Health Centre, prescriptions, phone 03 384 5172
- Kämmenniemi Health Centre, health counselling appointments, phone 03 384 5000
- Lielahti Health Centre, phone 03 384 5147
- Linnainmaa Health Centre, phone 03 384 5123
- Tammelakeskus Health Centre, phone 03 384 5155
- Tipotie Health Centre, phone 03 384 5139
The phone numbers of other Tampere health centres will not change.
Orivesi Health Centre
- Appointments and counselling at Orivesi Health Centre, phone 03 384 5170, Note! prescription renewal number 040 133 6392 stays the same.
- Orivesi vaccination appointments, phone 03 384 5177
As of 1 January 2023, the wellbeing services county of Pirkanmaa will be responsible for all public social welfare, healthcare and rescue services for Pirkanmaa residents, including Tampere and Orivesi.
From the beginning of 2023, information on the social welfare and healthcare services of Tampere and Orivesi residents are found on the wellbeing services county’s pirha.fi website.