Plenty of vaccination appointments available, you can also get the first vaccine without an appointment at Ratina and Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre
During July, there will be plenty of vaccination appointments available in Tampere at the vaccination units of both Ratina and the Exhibition and Sports Centre (Messukeskus / Pirkkahalli). We still recommend that you make an appointment online or by telephone.
Those living in Tampere can also get their first corona vaccine without an appointment at Ratina and Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre (Ilmailunkatu 20). The so-called “walk-in" vaccination line at Ratina will be open from the 19th until the end of July from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. The walk-in vaccination at Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre can be accessed without an appointment from Monday to Friday between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
The coronavirus vaccine is available to all Tampere residents over the age of 16 and those belonging to risk groups over the age of 12. An identity card, driving licence, passport or Kela card are required. EU citizens can use the blue European Health Insurance Card.
The recommended interval for the booster shot is still 12 weeks. If your booster shot appointment is in July or August, you should check the location beforehand on the city’s website at , since the opening hours vaccination locations and can change.
- Without an appointment from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. (until 30 July)
- By appointment until 6 August from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Exceptional opening hours: 22–23 July from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; walk-in from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. (due to Tammerfest)
- Ratina closed 9–29 August 2021
- Ratina will reopen on 30 August 2021
Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre (Ilmailunkatu 20)
- Without an appointment from Monday to Friday between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. (until 30 July)
- By appointment until 6 August from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Longer opening hours 22–23 July from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; walk-in from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. (due to Tammerfest)
- Longer opening hours 9–26 August 2021 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Text Ari-Heikki Pöntinen