16-year-olds soon able to book vaccination appointments in Tampere
By July 2, appointment booking for COVID-19 vaccination will become available in Tampere for people over 16 years of age. People aged 21 can book a vaccination appointment before Midsummer. Appointment booking for people aged 16–20 will become available after the Midsummer weekend.
Appointment booking will become available as follows:
– birth year 2000: Thursday, June 24 2021 at 12 noon
– birth year 2001: Monday, June 28 2021 at 12 noon
– birth year 2002: Tuesday, June 29 2021 at 12 noon
– birth year 2003: Wednesday, June 30 2021 at 12 noon
– birth year 2004: Thursday, July 1 2021 at 12 noon
– all aged 16 or above: Friday, July 2 2021 at 12 noon
Vaccinations are administered by appointment in the vaccination units in the Messukeskus and Ratina. Most appointments will become available at the vaccination unit in the Messukeskus (Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre). Health centres have limited appointments available for customers who require special arrangements, such as a personal reception for their vaccination.
Make your appointment online at. If you cannot use the online booking system, please call 03 5657 0023. Appointments made over the telephone will also begin on the day based on your birth year at 12 noon.
Appointments are also available for people aged 12–15 in risk groups 1 and 2. Appointments can be booked over the telephone or online if the guardians have made a service agreement to use the service on behalf of their childor dependent. More information on the diseases and conditions related to risk groups is available on the website of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare: Vaccination order for risk groups
Please keep in mind that you need two vaccinations to be protected. The second vaccine (booster) will be given 12 weeks after the first one.
– If you received your first vaccine at the health centre, you will also be receiving your booster vaccination at the health centre.
– If you received your first vaccine at the Ratina vaccination unit, you will also be receiving your booster vaccination at Ratina. Exception: if you have an appointment for a booster vaccination during the time period 9. - 29.8.2021, you will be getting your booster vaccination at the vaccination unit of Messukeskus (Ilmailunkatu 20). The place for booster vaccinations will be changed from Ratina to Messukeskus, because the Ratina vaccination unit will be closed in August.
– If you have received your first vaccine at the vaccination unit of Messukeskus, you will be getting the booster vaccination at the Ratina vaccination unit.
Only arrive for vaccination by appointment and if you are healthy. Arrive at the vaccination unit, at most, 15 minutes before your appointment.
– Wear a face mask and use hand sanitiser when you arrive at the vaccination location and also when leaving the premises.
– Keep a safe distance of at least two metres from other people.
– Bring your Kela card or identity card with you and have it ready when waiting for your
– Wear an item of clothing with sleeves that are easy to roll up.
– After receiving the vaccination, stay at the premises for 15 minutes.
The second dose will be administered 12 weeks after the first. An appointment for the second vaccination will be made for you when you receive your first dose.