COVID-19 vaccination begins for people aged 25–29-years-old in Tampere
COVID-19 vaccinations are proceeding to the younger age groups. The next age group to be vaccinated is 25–29-year-olds, that is, people born between 1992 and 1996.
It is still also possible to make an appointment for anyone born in 1991 or before that as well as for those Tampere residents who are over 16 years old and belong to External link .
Vaccination appointments are available at the vaccination unit of Ratina (Ratinan rantatie 1) or at the vaccination unit of Messukeskus (the Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre, Ilmailunkatu 20) or at the health centres. COVID 19 vaccinations are free of charge.
The booster vaccination
Please keep in mind that you need two vaccinations to be protected. The second vaccine (booster) will be given 12 weeks after the first one.
- If you received your first vaccine at the health centre, you will also be receiving your booster vaccination at the health centre.
- If you received your first vaccine at the Ratina vaccination unit, you will also be receiving your booster vaccination at Ratina. Exception: if you have an appointment for a booster vaccination during the time period 9. - 29.8.2021, you will be getting your booster vaccination at the vaccination unit of Messukeskus (Ilmailunkatu 20). The place for booster vaccinations will be changed from Ratina to Messukeskus, because the Ratina vaccination unit will be closed in August.
- If you have received your first vaccine at the vaccination unit of Messukeskus, you will be getting the booster vaccination at the Ratina vaccination unit.
- Only arrive for vaccination by appointment and if you are healthy. Arrive at the vaccination unit, at most, 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Wear a face mask and use hand sanitiser when you arrive at the vaccination location and also when leaving the premises.
- Keep a safe distance of at least two metres from other people.
- Bring your Kela card or identity card with you and have it ready when waiting for your appointment.
- Wear an item of clothing with sleeves that are easy to roll up.
- After receiving the vaccination, stay at the premises for 15 minutes.
- The second dose will be administered 12 weeks after the first. An appointment for the second vaccination will be made for you when you receive your first dose.