Tampere extends COVID-19 vaccinations to cover 18–39-year-old people in risk group 2
Coronavirus vaccinations are progressing in Tampere. The citizens of Tampere belonging to risk group 2, who have 18–39-year-old, can also book a vaccination appointment now.
People who belong to the risk group 2 due to an illness or condition include:
- Asthma requiring continuous medication
- Severe heart disease, for example, heart failure (however, not people with only hypertension)
- Neurological illness or condition that affects breathing
- Immunosuppressive drug therapy for autoimmune disease
- Severe chronic liver disease
- Type 1 diabetes or adrenal insufficiency
- Sleep apnoea
- Morbid obesity (body mass index more than 40)
More information related to risk groups is on the website of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare: External link . Be prepared to prove that you belong to a risk group receiving the vaccine at the vaccination unit.
- People who are over 65 years (who have already turned 65)
- People belonging to External link who are over 16 years old (who have already turned 16)
- People belonging to External link who are over 18 years old (who have already turned 18)
- Family carers who live in the same household with someone who is over 70 years of age (a decision on support for informal care is required)
Vaccinations are given by appointment for 16–64 year-olds belonging to risk group 1 and 18–64 years-olds belonging to risk group 2 at (Ratinan rantatie 1). Be prepared to prove that you belong to a risk group receiving the vaccine at the vaccination unit.
Only people belonging to a group vaccinated at the moment can book an appointment. A vaccination appointment must be booked in advance either by calling on 03 5657 0023 (daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm) or online (only in Finnish):
Instructions for those arriving to be vaccinated:
- Only arrive for vaccination by appointment and if you are healthy. Arrive at the vaccination unit, at most, 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Wear a face mask and use hand sanitiser when you arrive at the vaccination location and also when leaving the premises.
- Keep a safe distance of at least two metres from other people.
- Bring your Kela card with you and have it ready when waiting for your appointment.
- Wear an item of clothing with sleeves that are easy to roll up.
- After receiving the vaccination, stay at the premises for 15 minutes.