Coronavirus vaccinations of risk group 2 have begun in Tampere
Coronavirus vaccinations are progressing in Tampere. The citizens of Tampere belonging to risk group 2, who have been born in 1981 or earlier, can also book a vaccination appointment now.
People who belong to the risk group 2 due to an illness or condition include:
- Asthma requiring continuous medication
- Severe heart disease, for example, heart failure (however, not people with only hypertension)
- Neurological illness or condition that affects breathing
- Immunosuppressive drug therapy for autoimmune disease
- Severe chronic liver disease
- Type 1 diabetes or adrenal insufficiency
- Sleep apnoea
- Morbid obesity (body mass index more than 40)
More information related to risk groups is on the website of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare: External link . Be prepared to prove that you belong to a risk group receiving the vaccine at the vaccination unit.
Citizens of Tampere who can book a vaccination appointment at the moment:
- People who are over 65 years (who have already turned 65)
- People belonging to External link who are over 16 years old (who have already turned 16)
- People belonging to External link who turn 40 this year or older (born in 1981 or earlier)
- Family carers who live in the same household with someone who is over 70 years of age (a decision on support for informal care is required)
Vaccinations are given by appointment for 16–64 year-olds belonging to risk group 1 and 40–64 years-olds belonging to risk group 2 at (Ratinan rantatie 1). Be prepared to prove that you belong to a risk group receiving the vaccine at the vaccination unit.
Booking an appointment:
Only people belonging to a group
vaccinated at the moment can book an appointment. A vaccination appointment must be booked
in advance either by calling on 03 5657
0023 (daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm) or online (only in Finnish):
- Only arrive for vaccination by appointment and if you are healthy. Arrive at the vaccination unit, at most, 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Wear a face mask and use hand sanitiser when you arrive at the vaccination location and also when leaving the premises.
- Keep a safe distance of at least two metres from other people.
- Bring your Kela card with you and have it ready when waiting for your appointment.
- Wear an item of clothing with sleeves that are easy to roll up.
- After receiving the vaccination, stay at the premises for 15 minutes.