Tampere Deck and Arena project will open a Visit Center at the end of 2018
The Deck and Arena project’s Visit Center will open in the old locomotive depot next to the Hotel Torni.
– Deck and Arena Visit Center will open in the premises of the old locomotive depot for the duration of the building of the Deck and Arena project, Kari Mäkelä, project development director at SRV tells.
– In the Visit Center, we present the project together with the key partners.
In the Visit Center, you can find sections for SRV’s housing sales, City of Tampere and the key partners in the new Tampere Arena, at this stage, including Restamax, Lapland Hotels, Veikkaus as well as ice hockey teams Tappara and Ilves from the Finnish Elite League. In addition, there will be a showroom with about 50 places for the needs of groups of different sizes.
– We want to offer both our partners, stakeholders and, especially, people of Tampere an opportunity and facilities to get to know the building project during the following years, Kari Mäkelä tells.
– Project manager Tero Tenhunen from the City of Tampere is happy that premises for the Visit Center were found right next to the upcoming building complex.
– It is important for the City of Tampere to tell citizens as well as domestic and foreign visitors about this remarkable project and plans for the future.
More information on the opening of the Visit Center will be available when the opening day is confirmed.
Deck and Arena project connects the eastern and western sides of Tampere, and the area forms a new type of hybrid city block combining housing, work and Finland’s largest sports and events arena that houses about 13,000 spectators. Restaurant services of the arena will be provided by Restamax, in addition to which the adjoining Lapland Hotels hotel and casino by Veikkaus will provide more facilities for entertainment. Local Finnish Elite League teams Tappara and Ilves will play their ice hockey games at the new arena from season 2021–2022. In the first phase, a deck and, above it arena, training hall, hotel and two tower buildings will be built in the southern railway yard. The second phase includes the northern deck and three tower buildings. As a whole, there will be approximately up to 1,000 apartments on the site.
Project development director
City of Tampere