Traffic arrangements at Tuulensuu on Hämeenkatu will change - car traffic will be prohibited at the western end of Hämeenkatu
Construction of the tramway at Tuulensuu on Hämeenkatu will move to the next phase, which will introduce new changes to traffic arrangements. Westward car traffic at Tuulensuu will be discontinued on 3 August from 9 a.m. onwards.
Public transport will continue to use the northern edge of the carriageway in both directions, but car traffic between Näsilinnankatu and Hämeenpuisto will be discontinued. In future, turning from Hämeenkatu to Näsilinnankatu will again be possible when driving westward from Keskustori. Näsilinnankatu will be returned to a one-way street between Hämeenkatu and Hallituskatu.
Näsilinnankatu will be closed to drive-through traffic between Kauppakatu and Hämeenkatu and temporarily converted to a two-way street. The bus parking space at the junction between Näsilinnankatu and Hämeenkatu will be removed, but otherwise streetside parking and access to properties will be allowed.
As car traffic will no longer be allowed in the westernmost block of Hämeenkatu at Tuulensuu, the replacing routes from Hämeensilta will be Hämeenkatu–Näsilinnankatu–Satamakatu and from Hämeenpuisto Hallituskatu–Kuninkaankatu–Hämeenkatu.
On Hämeenkatu at Tuulensuu, pavements will remain in use but be narrowed on both sides of the street for the tramway construction work. Access to business premises will be allowed during the work.
Traffic arrangements at the western end of Hämeenkatu as of 3 August:
● Car traffic will be prohibited.
● Bus and taxi traffic on the northern edge of the street.
● Pavements will remain in use narrowed on both sides of the street. Access to business premises and apartments will be ensured.
● Property servicing traffic via Hämeenpuisto and Näsilinnankatu.
● Turning left to Pirkankatu and right to Hämeenkatu will be prohibited when driving northwards on Hämeenpuisto.
● Driving through Näsilinnankatu between Kauppakatu and Hämeenkatu will be prohibited. The street section will be accommodated to allow two-way traffic and streetside parking will be allowed except for the bus parking space at the junction between Näsilinnankatu and Hämeenkatu.
● Näsilinnankatu will be returned to a one-way street in the southward direction between Hämeenkatu and Hallituskatu. Turning from Hämeenkatu to Näsilinnankatu from the east is permitted, but prohibited from the west.
Frenckell Service Point
e-mail: [email protected]
telephone: +358 (0)3 5656 4400
visiting address: Frenckellinaukio 2 B
Text Marja Merta