Welcome to apply to our orchestra!
Please note the following
▪ Our auditions are open to all nationalities.
▪ We will not accept video or any sorts of virtual applications. All the candidates must be present at the audition.
▪ Tampere Philharmonic Orchestra will not provide any compensation for travel or accommodation expenses.
▪ Please look for more information about the orchestra and its season schedule on our website. Other useful sources of information are the websites of Tampere Hall (where the orchestra rehearses and performs) and the city of Tampere
With obligation to play contrabassoon
Monthly salary, 12 months per year
Bassoon 2514,75 € –2715,93 € including 12% recording compensation
Assistant principal bassoon 2795,36 €–3016,23 € including 12% recording compensation
Date of employment
Bassoon: January 7th 2014 or as agreed
Assistant principal bassoon: August 12th 2014 or as agreed
Audition: Tues 3 December 2013 at 11 am in
Tampere hall (Tampere-talo in Finnish)
Application time: 26th August to 11th November 2013 on this website.
The requirements for the audition:
▪ Mozart: Bassoon Concerto B flat major, I and II movements with cadenzas
▪ Orchestral excerpts. Please note that there is a different file for each vacancy (see link below).
The requirement of orchestral excerpts is wider for the assistant principal bassoon.
It is possible to apply for both vacancies with one audition. In this case the applicant should play the orchestral excerpts for assistant principal bassoon.
It is possible to rehearse with contrabassoon on monday December 2nd between 8 am and 2 pm. More information about how to reserve your rehearsing slot will be published after the application time closes. Available are two recently overhauled contrabassoons: a Heckel (1990) and a Püchner (1974).
APPLICATION TIME HAS CLOSED
please contact Deputy General Manager (temp.) Mr Lauri Lehtonen