EYOF ENVIRONMENT PROGRAMME
The City of Tampere is committed to sustainable development and it received the
European Sustainable City Award already in 1999. Nowadays the state of the environment in Tampere is very good and e.g. the air quality is excellent. The festival will be a pioneer when it comes to environmental issues and will set the standard for all the events in the future.
Targets of the environmental programme are:
• CO2-emissions will be minimized wherever possible.
• The material flows of the festival will be kept as narrow as possible.
• Environmental awareness of the participants, audience and workforce
Targets will be implemented for example through the following actions:
• The electricity at the venues will be green electricity.
• The transportation will be organised as much as possible by the
• The buses will have the latest EEV technology with very low CO2 emissions.
• All the venues, both the existing and new have been and will be constructed
by high building standards and all the venues will be in public use after
Tap water is safe to drink everywhere in Tampere
and all the water available, even the bottled water
served throughout the festival week, will be tap water.
Finx says: Drink and think – refill and recycle!
• Food supplies will be gathered as near the
festival as possible. This will reduce
environmental impact of logistics.
• All waste will be recycled, all garbage will be
collected and the venues and the OLV will be very well taken care of.
Information about the environmental aspects of the EYOF Tampere 2009 will be
available at OLV and at the venues.